Two Wheels of Suches

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Courtney Black
(@dcb_wvu)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Heading up there the weekend after July 4th. Looking forward to some riding and good times. If anyone is around, stop by Cabin 1 and say hello.

Courtney

Posted : 06/11/2018 08:47
Richard W
(@wobbly)

• You don't have your location in your profile, so it's hard to tell if you are from out of town and really need showing around, or an old hand at the local area.

• I really prefer NOT to ride in that area during June, July and August due to the high number of pass-everyone-at-any-cost riders and very high concentrations of police trying to slow those guys down.

• Highly advise you to have UTD proof of insurance and motorcycle driver's license on your person. There have been random license/insurance check points with immediate motorcycle impound on failure to produce said documents. Just saying.

All the best.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 06/11/2018 11:17
Courtney Black
(@dcb_wvu)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I am from Northern Florida. I checked my profile, my address is in there, but will see what is up with that...

This will be my first time up that way and I just want to do some leisurely riding. I am not a speed freak. I have the insurance and license in my wallet at all times. In Florida we are not REQUIRED to have insurance on anything under 4 wheels (I believe that is how it is written) but I have the full enchilada of coverages. I will make sure my riding buddies know this too.

Posted : 06/11/2018 11:26
Richard W
(@wobbly)

My favorite ride from Suches is actually north on Hwy 60 and cross over Hwy 76. Continue on and go west (left) onto Hwy 64/74 alongside the Occoee River. Be sure and use every overlook becasue the major threat there is running off the road. The river sights are simply so amazing and beautiful. You'll end up near Tellico Plains with good roads all around.

Posted : 06/11/2018 11:42
Geoff Ahrens
(@bodine99)

The Cherry Cola parkway is awesome!! also Dawsonville has the Pool Hall & Bully Burger then around the corner is the Georgia Motorsports Hall of Fame. Dahonega is a really neat town a need to visit

Posted : 06/14/2018 16:40
Richard W
(@wobbly)

I was surprised how interesting the Gold Mine Museum (on the square in downtown Dahlonega) really was. Skip the hokey mine tours and save it for the museum.

You know, the "mother lode" in the Dahlonega area was never found. Gold continues to turn up in the local rivers, just not enough to make it commercially viable. Panning the rivers is still a big past time there.

Posted : 06/14/2018 20:45

Advertisement

Scroll to top