Topic starter Posted : 12/19/2020 13:06
Dwight Small
(@4643)

test again - still shows expired membership

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/05/2021 12:26
Steve Salter
(@steve-salter)

Hey old friend, I've been gone a few years, but recently found my way back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/27/2021 07:27
Dwight Small
(@4643)

@steve-salter Just talked to Justin the other day and he said you picked up a nice low milage RT...am I right?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/18/2021 08:05
Steve Salter
(@steve-salter)

Indeed I did.  Found an 89 R100RT in nice shape with just 42K miles on the web some distance away.  I heard it run through the phone, seller did a skype walkaround, so I bought it.   Bought a plane ticket to fly over & get it, then planned to ride it home, but thought better of a 1000 mile day at 40 degrees of rain & sleet the whole way.  Finally getting a bit smarter in my old age. I burned the plane ticket & talked Mary into riding 48 hours in the truck to keep me company over Mothers day weekend to go fetch it.  I tracked down the owner before the seller and learned the bike spent 90% of its life here in CO, and the carbs are still tuned for altitude.   New tires & it runs like a champ...        Still, Mary and I are riding the R1150GS to the national rally in Great Falls next week.   I rejoined the Airheads list, since I had one for the the first time in 6 or 7 years.   They weren't kind enough to keep my member number though, even though I asked them to just re-instate it.

I see we have a new Air-Marshall in CO while I was away.   I don't see much for events yet.  Maybe we should resurrect the Ride & Soak...

What's your story?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/18/2021 08:29

Advertisement

Scroll to top