Dwight Small
(@4643)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

test again - still shows expired membership

Posted : 01/05/2021 13:26
Steve Salter
(@steve-salter)

Hey old friend, I've been gone a few years, but recently found my way back.

Posted : 05/27/2021 07:27
Dwight Small
(@4643)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@steve-salter Just talked to Justin the other day and he said you picked up a nice low milage RT...am I right?

Posted : 06/18/2021 08:05
Steve Salter
(@steve-salter)

Indeed I did.  Found an 89 R100RT in nice shape with just 42K miles on the web some distance away.  I heard it run through the phone, seller did a skype walkaround, so I bought it.   Bought a plane ticket to fly over & get it, then planned to ride it home, but thought better of a 1000 mile day at 40 degrees of rain & sleet the whole way.  Finally getting a bit smarter in my old age. I burned the plane ticket & talked Mary into riding 48 hours in the truck to keep me company over Mothers day weekend to go fetch it.  I tracked down the owner before the seller and learned the bike spent 90% of its life here in CO, and the carbs are still tuned for altitude.   New tires & it runs like a champ...        Still, Mary and I are riding the R1150GS to the national rally in Great Falls next week.   I rejoined the Airheads list, since I had one for the the first time in 6 or 7 years.   They weren't kind enough to keep my member number though, even though I asked them to just re-instate it.

I see we have a new Air-Marshall in CO while I was away.   I don't see much for events yet.  Maybe we should resurrect the Ride & Soak...

What's your story?

Posted : 06/18/2021 08:29
Dwight Small
(@4643)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Steve...I don't stop by too often but I am now the Airmarshal for WY, only because no one else would volunteer when the acting Airmarshal wanted to pass on the duties.  The Ride and Soak was always a nice campout.  I'm going to be out of commission for the first part of the summer (if all goes right) but should be able to attend if it is held at the end of August or in September.  Keep me posted and I'll chime in if I'm back on my feet.

Posted : 03/05/2022 14:47
Dwight Small
(@4643)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Steve...I don't stop by too often but I am now the Airmarshal for WY, only because no one else would volunteer when the acting Airmarshal wanted to pass on the duties.  The Ride and Soak was always a nice campout.  I'm going to be out of commission for the first part of the summer (if all goes right) but should be able to attend if it is held at the end of August or in September.  Keep me posted and I'll chime in if I'm back on my feet.

Posted : 03/05/2022 14:47

Advertisement

Scroll to top