FORUM

Notifications
Clear all

Want Ads

Mark Christie
(@13583)

I just completed a 'wanted' listing and posted it. In the drop down list for the state of residence there is no provision for Canadian Provinces. Further there could be a provision for a to be determined pricing rather than a fixed dollar value for a wanted item. That way the seller could set the price. Thanks for your time.

Topic starter Posted : 04/07/2016 16:29
Scot Marburger
(@8166)
Member Moderator

I just completed a 'wanted' listing and posted it. In the drop down list for the state of residence there is no provision for Canadian Provinces. Further there could be a provision for a to be determined pricing rather than a fixed dollar value for a wanted item. That way the seller could set the price. Thanks for your time.

Added a field for Country, populated with a drop down list that I hope includes most of the membership. Please let me know if I missed your country.

I added the Canadian provinces to the State drop down, and retitled it State/Province. This could quickly get out of hand if every country wanted an entry in that table, so I hope this does it for now.

Price will remain a required item. If you don't know what your part is worth, put down your best guess and say something like "Best Offer" in the ad body. Personally, when I find an ad without a price, I figure the seller either doesn't care enough about what's being sold to price it appropriately or is playing some kind of coy negotiation game. I immediately go on to the next ad in those cases.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2016 17:12
Anthony Lonigro
(@14652)
Eminent Member

Agree that all "For Sale" ads should have a price, or be deleted! For "Want" ads, there shouldn't be a requirement to enter a price. Let the seller determine an asking price. Make sense?

Antny

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2016 17:22
Mark Christie
(@13583)

Thank you for adding a provision for Canadian members to identify their location in the buy/sell want ads. As far as, in the case of a want to buy ad, rather than have the prospective buyer post a dollar value willing to pay, let the market play its' natural function by having the respondent to the 'wanted' advert suggest a dollar value for the wanted item. In this way the buyer/seller can agree on a deal. Thanks again for your attention to my observations.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/08/2016 00:30
Scot Marburger
(@8166)
Member Moderator

Agree that all "For Sale" ads should have a price, or be deleted! For "Want" ads, there shouldn't be a requirement to enter a price. Let the seller determine an asking price. Make sense?

No, not to me, and for pretty much the same reasons. It really bothers me that the first offer in a transaction doesn't include price info, whether it be buying OR selling. Since I get to make the rules around here, that's the way it'll stay. You want this job? 😆 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2016 13:50

Advertisement

Scroll to top