Clear all

More Texas Air Marshals!

6 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
Christopher Vestre
(@9425)
Topic starter

I've recently learned that Texas is twice as big as California ( http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=what%27s+bigger+texas+or+california%3F), yet we have only a single air marshal located in (I think) Dallas/Fort Worth. I've never met him! I've been a dues-paying member for 15+ years and still never been to a local or semi-local tech day nor barley therapy. The distances between cities make riding and meetups prohibitive and unenjoyable (think post-apocalyptic wasteland), and serve to separate Airheads into distinctly urban camps: El Paso, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston.

Why not several Air Marshals? I see that California has a similar program and California is a teeny tiny state!

Posted : 08/30/2019 10:02
David Harding
(@yoflaco)

Old posting Im noticing, but completely agree.  Im out here in Marfa, and know several folks nearby with Airheads , but nobody is gathering or wrenching together, and as a new BMW owner I wish I had some help from locals with knowledge! 

Posted : 09/16/2020 07:55
Christopher Ross
(@14916)

I'm in Lubbock, and there are a couple of us here. I went to a tech day in Oklahoma a few years ago and met the Air Marshal from DFW there (he came up in his car).

I agree that Texas could support East and West ABC chapters, with their own Air Marshals! 

Christopher Ross
Lubbock, TX

MOA, ABC, IBA# 522

Posted : 02/12/2021 11:08
Sonny Pool reacted
Christopher Vestre
(@9425)
Topic starter

Well... we are Texas after all! Maybe we should secede? Or set up a parallel shadow government? ?

Posted : 02/12/2021 11:46
Phillip DeLeon
(@phillip-deleon)

I just bought a R60/2 and live just outside of Austin.  Does anyone know who repairs airheads in the Austin area?  If not Austin, someone great near Austin?

Posted : 05/31/2021 17:00
David Elkow
(@4949)
Reputable Member

Cuznbob's Motorcycles
(512) 424-9146
https://goo.gl/maps/kWtKrmKeyN6aRGzV6

I have only had Bob balance a tire for me, but he has been recommended to me for airhead work. 

Posted : 05/31/2021 18:40

Advertisement

Scroll to top