Clear all

Driveshaft U-joint lubrication

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Greg Balas
(@10)
Topic starter

I just finished doing my 10K mile service on the rebuilt Henderson Precision driveshaft. 

In order to access the U-joint grease fittings, the driveshaft has to be removed.  It would be nice if the service could be done without removing the driveshaft.

On re-assembly I noticed that the front grease fitting is accessible by peeling back the front rubber boot.  I could get new grease into the front U-joint without removing the driveshaft from the swingarm.  

The rear U-joint, however, is inaccessible unless the driveshaft is removed from the swingarm.

Here's the question: Has anybody cut an access hole in the swingarm to allow service of the rear U-joint?

Greg B #10

Posted : 11/08/2020 23:24
Greg Balas
(@10)
Topic starter

Hey Scot,

Installing the driveshaft in the swingarm was not a problem.  I positioned the swingarm vertical and tied it to the side of the bike.

Gently lowered the driveshaft into the deep, dark tunnel until I felt it contact the rear drive. 

With the other hand I turned the rear drive using the wheel bolts.  The driveshaft mated with the rear drive on the second try.

Is there a good way to check for alignment of the swingarm to the frame?  

Posted : 11/09/2020 16:22

Advertisement

Scroll to top