Fuel Stabilzers

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
jack klauschie jr
(@jarthur)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

In the latest newsletter there was mention of a talk, I believe at Supertech, about fuel stabilizers. Any chance we could persuade the speaker to do a post or article on the subject? If no, maybe a list of the stabilizers in order of best performance?

Stay safe,

Jack

Posted : 04/07/2020 00:41
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Those type "speakers" are usually representatives of a specific product's Marketing Dept. As such you're not going to get as un-biased assessment as you might think. But on the other hand, being the prepared marketing type that they are, they probably already have a written review prepared, which you can get and post here (or in the newsletter) yourself, with the appropriate quotes and notes on ownership.

To be honest, I first heard about Star-Tron when they sent such a speaker to our local Brit club meeting, back maybe 15-20 years ago.

And I notice that Star-Tron rated first in this review: https://www.thedrive.com/reviews/28046/best-fuel-stabilizers (Which there's no telling who sponsored that review !!)

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 04/07/2020 12:41
Gregory Popovich
(@gpopovichcastlerockwinery-com)
Estimable Member

What do you think about Seafoam? I have some in my tank now - was my last ditch effort to make my old carbs work? I had never heard of it before but looks like most people swear by it - others call it snake oil.

Posted : 04/19/2020 18:11
Richard W
(@wobbly)

The carbs from bikes that I've worked on that the owners were consistent users of Seafoam all had bad o-rings. I cannot directly blame that on the Seafoam, all I can say is that there seems to be a trend there.

I know it's very popular stuff.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 04/19/2020 21:08
Jim Wilson
(@1559)
Estimable Member

Advertisement

Scroll to top