Clear all

Greetings From Louisiana

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Dal Aymond
(@dal-aymond)
Topic starter

Hi, I live in Louisiana and just joined the Airheads.  I've been riding for close to fifty years, but I've only owned a BMW for about a week.  I now have a '77 R75/7, with about 16,000 original miles on it.  It starts easy, and runs and rides good.  I'm hoping to learn how to do most of the servicing, tune ups, adjustments, and regular maintenance.

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Dal Aymond

Posted : 08/24/2021 17:09
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

You'll find the bikes easy to ride and easier to work on. Your bike is beautiful and well worth taking care of! 

Any bike with mileage that low has been sitting somewhere for a long time. If it was the previous owner, then you'll notice that the bike runs better and better over the first 5000 miles. 

To start with you should review the tips in the following article. If you have any questions, we're always here to help...

https://www.airheads.org/community/wrenching/new-owner-primer-tips-to-get-your-airhead-back-on-the-road/

All the best.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 08/26/2021 13:58
Dal Aymond
(@dal-aymond)
Topic starter

@wobbly , thank you for the welcome.

Posted : 08/27/2021 11:29
Gregory Popovich
(@gpopovichcastlerockwinery-com)
Estimable Member

Welcome! Nice bike - are the tires okay = what are the date codes? I never ride on tires more than 6 years old. You need a rubber boot for your shifter www.Boxer2Valve.com - enjoy I have 4 airheads love maintaining them myself.

Greg

Posted : 09/16/2021 18:23
David Elkow
(@4949)
Reputable Member

Hello and welcome!  Beautiful bike!  I’m from “up north”, but now live in Texas. We have a large RV port attached to our home, where my airhead is routinely parked. I was using a nice cover to try to keep it clean and dry … but covers can be a pain as well. So I bought this CycleShell gizmo. They are made in Colorado. So far I really like it. Very convenient. 

I offer this only because I see your bike in a carport. You might also have a nice garage space. I unfortunately lost my nice garage in the move south. 

Dave

Posted : 09/19/2021 10:18

Advertisement

Scroll to top