How about follow up?

7 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Steven Rankin
(@14724)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

No, this is not a forum "how to" post.  This is a how about when someone takes time to reply to a post, the courtesy of a reply is given?

No, this is not just an Airhead forum problem and not a new problem.   I am past giving gentle reminders that the idea is to have a two way conversation here.  A simple Thanks, means a lot. St.

Beware! I do not suffer fools gladly! St.

Posted : 02/24/2024 07:36
Eric Morales reacted
Mike Buhler
(@16813)
Estimable Member

Thank you.

Posted : 02/25/2024 06:01
Steven Rankin
(@14724)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

You are welcome Mike, Cheers, St.

Posted : 02/25/2024 15:00
Eric Morales
(@emoralesr45)
Trusted Member

Steven,

I think a lot of people on here are guilty of it. Myself included. I just hardly log in for that reason. nearly 0 participation on the forum.

V/R Eric

Posted : 02/28/2024 19:40
Mike Buhler
(@16813)
Estimable Member

I always try to reply, I've been playing on forums for a long time I know how it is. I've got over 20K posts up on ADVrider. 

Posted : 02/29/2024 16:01
Steven Rankin
(@14724)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Some people know the value of the members who answer questions on the forum and are polite enough to reply, of course I am not directing my ire at you.

An example, that gets my goat is the guy who asks about hooking up his fog lights recently.  Maybe I gave him wrong information? Maybe not and he got his lights hooked up?   Either way, it would be nice to know that my effort was appreciated.

Granted, I should offer my services without expectation of reward, sure, if I were a saint, I am not.  St.

Posted : 03/01/2024 07:18
Eric Morales reacted
Eric Morales
(@emoralesr45)
Trusted Member

@14724 Makes sense. You want to know how the project goal ended up. That's a fair request. I know in another forum I'm in for classic minis, the topic starter can place a note on the thread to say "Topic closed" and usually gives details to what the outcome was. Do all members on the forum do it? no, but it is nice to see something done. 

V/R Eric

Posted : 03/05/2024 04:11

Advertisement

Scroll to top