Clear all

Possible SPAM in classifieds??

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Gary Lee
(@5132)
Topic starter

I posted a bike for sale here on the site, and recieved an email inquiry today that was worded kinda like one of those Spam emails that are so prevalent out there.(you know, "I'll send a certified check with extra for my agent to pick the bike up..) I figured posting here would be the safest place and wanted to offer my bike first to fellow airheads, but now am wondering if the site can be hacked or if it's real (don't think it's real) I replied back and asked for their ABC number. No response yet. What do y'all think? Is the classified section on here open to the public, like Craigslist? Or is it private? Thanks. Gary Lee #5182

Posted : 06/08/2022 16:31
Eric Morales
(@emoralesr45)
Trusted Member

I believe you can still see posts even without being a member. Maybe they found your info that way? I'll give it a shot in a sec once I log off my account. 

V/R Eric

Posted : 06/09/2022 18:28
Eric Morales
(@emoralesr45)
Trusted Member

So yes, even logged off you can look at the classifieds and send the member an email. Sounds like a scam to me.

Posted : 06/09/2022 19:10
Mike Buhler
(@16813)
Estimable Member

I've seen a few scams on the ADV "Craigslist Airhead finds" thread but mostly from supposed sellers. Definitely worth being careful as communications continue.

Posted : 06/18/2022 07:02
Eric Morales reacted

Advertisement

Scroll to top