FORUM

Notifications
Clear all

What do you think of this idle on my 1982 R65?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Andre Litinsky
(@dretek)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I haven't developed an ear for what I think a good idle is. I'm playing by intuition and RPMs. This is after the bike has been warmed up. Do you guys hear that clunking sound?

Also for static timing, the '-S' is not dead center in the window - it's a little bit higher. Does this mean my firing is potentially delayed?

Thoughts?

Otherwise, the bike runs great! After working on it for 3 months and finally getting to ride it, I was smiling ear to ear in my new helmet.

Posted : 07/31/2019 09:20
Richard W
(@wobbly)

I haven't developed an ear for what I think a good idle is. I'm playing by intuition and RPMs. This is after the bike has been warmed up. Do you guys hear that clunking sound?

I hear the valves. The idle sounds fine.

Also for static timing, the '-S' is not dead center in the window - it's a little bit higher. Does this mean my firing is potentially delayed? Thoughts?

My thoughts are, as long as you had the strobe connected, why didn't you simply time it at Full Advance ???

Otherwise, the bike runs great! After working on it for 3 months and finally getting to ride it, I was smiling ear to ear in my new helmet.

Congrats.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 07/31/2019 18:38

Advertisement

Scroll to top