FORUM

Good airhead mechan...

Notifications
Clear all

Good airhead mechanic in Hudson Valley, NY (Rhinebeck, Red Hook region)

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Fred Chauffier
(@fredchauffier)
Topic starter

Am shipping (yes I know, wanted to ride it but am a little shy of being on the road with random stops right now) my '81 R80G/S from LA where I live to my friend in NYS Hudson Valley with plans to ride up there a bit in June/July. The bike needs some work and am thinking to do it up there during the fall for next year's riding season out East. Can anyone recommend a good airhead shop up there (not the modern guys who'll just butcher the bike)? I use Matt at Black Kat in LA and am super happy with his work if anyone needs an intro, happy to do it...Fred

Posted : 05/23/2020 22:11
john stirling
(@arni)
Trusted Member

Ask Randy Long in PA or Tom Cutter at rubber chicken racing. Both north east guys..

Posted : 07/11/2020 14:55
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Can't recommend a mechanic, but I can recommend a good shipper.... I recently sold a bike into NJ and the new owner wanted to ride it home, but because of C-19 feared using public transport to come to GA.

He found and I witnessed the loading and care of...
Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping
270-737-5797
www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com

They only move pianos and motorcycles. They had a special steel pallet they loaded and strapped the bike to, and then they loaded the pallet onto their enclosed 18-wheeler. Even though the BMW bags and RS fairing were slightly wider than their pallet, the bike arrived without a scratch. And they were the only shipper the buyer found that stuck to their original price quote.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 07/12/2020 10:41
JOSEPH SCHMIDT
(@hcmf69)

What is the nature of the work that the bike needs? General service? Once over? Thanks....

Posted : 08/05/2020 21:00

Advertisement

Scroll to top