'83 R100RS Carb Reassembly

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Steven Shockley
(@14922)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

My RS has been setting in the garage for the last year. I could start it but it would immediately stall out. Given the crap gas out there these days I decided to replace the fuel and pull the carbs to clean them up and replace o rings, etc. (Using the gasket/o ring/diaphram kit from EuBMW).

I removed the throttle disc and pulled the throttle shaft to replace the o ring. My throttle disc was marked with "10" on the disc. I carefully wrote down that the "10" goes back in the inside 6 o'clock position. I then come across a very good writeup about rebuilding the carbs and it says the 10 goes in the inside 12 o'clock position.

I then realized that it depends on which way you have the carb oriented, and I did not make note of that when I pulled the throttle disc.

So can anyone tell me which way to orient the carb body and what position the throttle disc goes based on that orientation?

Thanks

Posted : 05/10/2020 11:17
Richard W
(@wobbly)

In instances like these, preparation is your friend. Your smart phone camera can easily record hundreds of details before disassembly at zero cost. Next time you'll know.

For the present, I'd sit down down and Google "bing carburetor" then select the "Images" button and scroll through the photos that Google finds for you. Something you can use will pop up.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 05/10/2020 11:36

Advertisement

Scroll to top