2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Honza Vosalik
(@18382)
Active Member Customer Registered
Topic starter

Hello,

I'm new here and still getting to know the website. I'm really enjoying the magazines.

Can you help me understand what is the role of an air marshal and what they do?

Thank you,
Honza

Posted : 10/11/2023 21:10
Tim Hille
(@14325)
Eminent Member Admin Registered

Honza: 

Thank you for the question and I am so pleased that you are enjoying the Airmail Magazine.

In short, the Airmarshal is the state leader for the club.  Each state with a few exceptions such as CA has one AM who represents their state's members in club administration and other organizational business.  

The primary responsibility of the Airmarshal is to facilitate club activities in their area and support members with questions about club operations.  It is also a key role of the AM to represent the club publicly in a positive light and actively recruit and retain members.  The AM typically manages a mailing list to keep local members apprized of club activities at the local and national level.  

Airmarshals are elected by local membership or appointed by the Board of Directors, depending on the nature and circumstances of a vacancy in the position. 

AMs vote on club operations such as election of Board Members and bylaw changes etc.  

The most important aspect of the AM role from my perspective is to enable and facilitate local club activities, however any member can organize and host club events with or without the AMs direct support or approval.  

All members and AMs should always keep the 8 canons at front of mind and represent the club to membership and the public in a positive light.

I hope this is helpful and welcome input from others on the topic. 

Club Canons

1. Airheads ride Beemers with air-cooled heads.

2. Airheads believe that the simplest engineering solutions are the best.

3. Airheads appreciate function over form, fact over fiction, and friendship over friction.

4. Airheads regard money as a tool, not a status symbol.

5. Airheads are earthy people who like to camp.

6. Airheads maintain their own motorcycles.

7. Airheads don't take themselves, religion or life too seriously.

8. Airheads like to share time, knowledge, parts and camaraderie with other Airheads

Posted : 10/12/2023 07:22

Advertisement

Scroll to top