Voting

6 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
James Carr
(@11771)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

So what happened to the voting we did? I see you have told the secretary to delete all the votes and have not told us about the results. So this looks like a takeover after all.

Posted : 04/07/2023 09:12
Edward Adams
(@rtpilot)
Trusted Member

I haven’t read anything about voting, other than the BoD’s vote due for the Airmarshal’s. What voting are you referring to? As I have not received anything. But, as a newly appointed Kentucky Airmarshal I am sorting things out.  

Where did you see information about the Secretary being instructed to delete the votes? i’d like to read that.   

thanks in advance for any info you can relay. 

Ed Adams

Posted : 04/07/2023 10:38
James Carr
(@11771)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

A few months ago we were supposed to vote for the duo or trio by sending in our votes to the secretary who would count them. I saw in the January issue that the board just discussed the issue and told the secretary to expunge the data.

So now we do not know what the outcome of the voting was and they have deleted all the information so we will never know.

Posted : 04/07/2023 12:36
Bret Williams
(@bret)
Estimable Member

@11771 LOL. If the vote favored The Three Amigos their knuckles would be bleeding from thumping their chests.

Posted : 04/07/2023 16:33
Frank Jarrell
(@frankj)
Eminent Member

One of the dou resigned making it a uno? A straw pole to elect the board is not in the bylaws so cannot be used even if the BOD wanted to. Who created the bylaws and the method to elect the BOD? Jan B. At least according to the web site, the bylaws have not changed that much over the years.

Posted : 04/13/2023 12:38
James Strickland
(@8053)
Reputable Member

This is how it works, "in a nutshell". The airmarshals vote for directors and amendments to the by-laws. The membership votes for airmarshals. There is no provision in the by-laws for straw polls on any topic. 

former Airmarshal, IL.

Posted : 04/14/2023 18:54

Advertisement

Scroll to top