Central Texas Introduction 75/5

5 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
Jeff Perkins
(@jeff-perkins)
Topic starter

Hello All,

I’m both a new member and new BMW owner. I purchased a “kinda running” /5 last September. I’ve been working to get her to reliable running condition and I believe I’ve succeeded. We’ve been riding the local back roads and now have about 500 miles without issues. 
It’s time to explore more and It would be great to share the rides with others around the Austin/Georgetown area. So, if any of you guys are interested in taking a ride for a coffee, burger, etc. and/or just shoot the breeze about bikes let’s make a plan.

Enjoying the forum and have learned plenty.

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted : 01/05/2022 17:51
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

You'll grow to love your Airhead in a very short time. They are amazing bikes, and have the habit of bouncing right back, even after long storage or abuse.

► First thing you'll want to do is contact your local Airhead Club director, what we call an "Air Marshal". Get on his contact list so your can go to the next Tech Day. At the Tech Day you'll make some new local Airhead friends and they'll be working on some bikes. You can get a good taste of what's involved and all the local inside knowledge about who keeps the tools, which store has the best parts availability in your locale, etc.

► Like a lot of Airheads, your bike possibly sat for a long while. The following article contains a list of the top 80% of the trouble spots that repeatedly develop during storage. It may take a while to check all these, but you've got all winter and it makes a good "check list". If you have any questions, we're always here to help...

https://www.airheads.org/community/wrenching/new-owner-primer-tips-to-get-your-airhead-back-on-the-road/

Nice bike !!

?

This post was modified 2 years ago by Richard W

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 01/06/2022 09:01
Howard Stender
(@howard-stender)
Eminent Member

Jeff -

Thats a beautiful machine!  Congrats!  I’m currently restoring one that sat in a basement for at least 10 years, never started during that time.  It would be nice to keep in touch.  Unfortunately, it’s not my bike, it belongs to a customer.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Richard W

Posted : 01/06/2022 15:55
Joe Hall reacted
Clark Thurmond
(@clark-thurmond)

Jeff, I’m new, just joined today. I’m in Georgetown - was it you who I talked with at the Circleville Store a couple months ago? There were a couple riders there having lunch, and one was on a 75/5.
 Clark

Posted : 05/20/2022 20:20
Eric Morales
(@emoralesr45)
Trusted Member

Welcome sir! You going to the MOA rally this month?

V/R Eric

Posted : 05/29/2022 17:21

Advertisement

Scroll to top