Paint for panels

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Mike Buhler
(@16813)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hey folks, just ordered a new battery cover for my R65 and it says primed ready for paint. Any advice on a decent brand of rattle can paint I could use? Flying down to meet my bike next month with no time or resources for a better option.

Posted : 08/23/2019 11:53
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Krylon is generally considered the best national brand. Sold at WalMart.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 08/23/2019 14:20
ray wilson
(@15295)
Estimable Member

I used a satin black. Black bike of course. Don't know what the factory sheen was but i was told satin by the inmates here

Posted : 08/24/2019 15:25
William Bedell
(@billb)

RS paint in England has perfectly matched paint for our airheads and most vintage bikes they can supply aerosol cans of paint and clear coat. The shipping cost more than the paint but I have had great success with their products also shipping was very fast.

Posted : 03/29/2020 10:50
Michael Whitby
(@mikethebike)
Eminent Member

If its a flat black you are looking for, I use SEM trim black. Any of the good shops that have paints will be sure to have it. Our local Carquest is a paint blender. It is amazing paint and flows out every time. I've used it for years on my old Honda rebuilds and recently I used it to freshen up the signal lights on the R90S. They look like new. For gloss blacks I use VHT Epoxy or the Acrylic, another first class product. Both these rattle can paints are expensive, but you are paying for professional grade paints and superior nozzles.
Eastwood has a great range of paints for restoration type work.

Michael

Posted : 04/10/2020 14:45
Jack Holgate
(@wurzburg)

Express Paints at https://expresspaint.com did a good job of matching paint for my side panels for me.
Jack

Posted : 04/24/2020 13:22

Advertisement

Scroll to top