Stickers on Side Panels R75/7

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Andrew Lane
(@andrew-lane)
Topic starter

Hi All,

As I was looking at pictures of other R75/7s I noticed that most of them had 750cc stickers on the side panels that cover the battery. In trying to make my bike as orginal as possible, did all bikes come from the factory with the stickers or was it only on some of them?

Thanks for the help,
Andrew

Posted : 07/22/2020 19:23
James Bussell
(@10385)
Trusted Member

I'm thinking all came with the engine size on the side covers...

Posted : 09/21/2020 14:47
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Posted by: @10385

I'm thinking all came with the engine size on the side covers...

Agreed !

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 09/23/2020 04:56
Richard W
(@wobbly)

There are label making companies everywhere. And their methods are simple and sophisticated. They'll photograph the old label (even on the side panel), flatten it out in Photoshop and print new ones on clear backing. The font and colors will match perfectly. You may need to buy a min quantity of 25, but believe me you'll have no trouble selling them.

Funny story: I have a pal who lowered an R65 for his 5'2" wife. He also had it repainted, at which time he had the side cover decals re-made, except slightly modified. They said "R65 SP", which was his inside joke for "short people". He did such a good job that people at the rallies approached him to ask about the rarity of this special SP model. "Extremely rare" he would assure them. He never let on.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 11/23/2020 09:14

Advertisement

Scroll to top