Clear all

New Member..Vancouver WA

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Greg Peterson
(@greg-peterson)
Topic starter

Bought my first airhead, a ‘92 R100GS two gears ago.  Going through mechanical systems one at a time.  So far I’ve rebuilt brakes front and rear, new rear suspension from Ted Porter’s Beemer shop and resealed the top end.  The pushrod tube seals were original and weeping at a good rate.  It’s nice to have those leaks sealed up.  I began wrenching on air cooled VW’s in the ‘80’s so these motors are right up my alley.  I’d like to meet some fellow airheads to go on rides with.  I’m mostly a pavement guy but forest roads don’t scare me. I look forward to some rides in the future.

Greg

Posted : 02/05/2022 20:47
charles mileur
(@chasmrider)

hi Greg, nice bike! we have a good group of airheads that meet on the 2nd wednesday  of each month in Portland, nw 19th and Quimby, Lucky Lab brewing. come on down and say hi. we have a number of riders that come from Vancouver. hope to see you there,  Chuck

Posted : 02/06/2022 08:45
Howard Stender
(@howard-stender)
Eminent Member

Wow!  What a great photo!  But you shouldn’t be allowed to post pics like that in February, when us in the Midwest are locked in ice, cold and snow.  Cruel & unusual punishment!

welcome!  I sure wish I could ride with you, but you’re 2000 miles away.

Posted : 02/06/2022 14:35
Robert Whigham
(@1872)
Estimable Member

Welcome from about as far away as you can get from WA, the GA coast. Great picture. 

Bob

Posted : 02/06/2022 17:59
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Welcome Aboard !

Eye popping photo! Wow !!

First thing you'll want to do is contact your local Airhead Club director, what we call an "Air Marshal". Get on his contact list so your can go to the next Tech Day. At the Tech Day you'll make some new local Airhead friends and they'll be working on some bikes. You can get a good taste of what's involved and all the local inside knowledge about who keeps the tools, which store has the best parts availability in your locale, etc.

Hope this helps.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 02/07/2022 07:22
Greg Peterson
(@greg-peterson)
Topic starter

Thanks for your responses.  I’ll definitely make contact with the local chapter.  

Posted : 02/08/2022 17:14
Bob Thomas
(@bob-thomas)
Eminent Member

There is also a Washington BMW club and an Oregon BMWclub (BMWRO).  BMWRO does monthly rides out of the Tigard BMW shop.  Both are easy to find on line.

Bob

Posted : 02/26/2022 10:41

Advertisement

Scroll to top