Clear all

R75/5 brake cable guide

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Jon Krauss
(@2959)
Topic starter

I don't have a lot of experience on /5 Airheads but started doing an overhaul on one I've had sitting for a while. Went through the front forks and replaced the front brake cable for peace of mind. There was a little wire bracket that is #6 in the OEM fiche:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0260-EUR-03-1972-2476-BMW-R75_5&diagId=32_0757

Not really helpful as a parts picture.  The large loop was around the cable but not attached to anything else.

I have reached out to others but no success. Is is BMW NLA, but still on some aftermarket parts sites inn Stainless.

Any /5 guys who can help and maybe send a pic of the placement?

Posted : 12/31/2022 13:06
Tim Hille
(@14325)
Eminent Member Admin Registered

Jon:  

So, I have the same part on my /5 and went dow to see where it was placed.  When I found it, I remembered that I had the same question as you and did not yet get it answered.  Here is a photo of where mine is.  I will now endeavor to find it's proper placement and use - you have motivated me.  I do see that Boxer 2-Valve sells it in SS, so they must know where and how it fits.  

Posted : 01/01/2023 11:35
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Posted by: @14325

Here is a photo of where mine is.

This site only accepts JPG format photos. Can you please convert that and re-submit ?

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 01/01/2023 15:13

Advertisement

Scroll to top