Cycle Works, Blue Springs, MO

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Brian Swanick
(@thundermotive)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Has anyone done business with this company recently? I ordered a steering head bearing tool set from them Nov. 29th. Other than the automated order confirmation and the PayPal billing notice I haven't heard a thing.

Posted : 12/09/2020 20:21
Robert Whigham
(@1872)
Estimable Member

He does eventually ship the order, but has always been slow. I believe this is a one man operation which is the sole source for many airhead tools.Β 

Posted : 12/10/2020 12:39
Brian Swanick
(@thundermotive)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I did receive the tool kit. It appears to be a high quality product that will do the job. A little slow on shipping and no ship notice or tracking number but I guess that's OK if you're expecting it.

Posted : 12/11/2020 15:06
Richard W
(@wobbly)

Good news. Thanks for the follow up.

Owning an old Airhead is easy.
Keeping an old Airhead running great is the true test.

Posted : 12/11/2020 15:45
Cliff Elkins
(@6565)

I tried getting a spline tool from him about 6weeks ago. Since I live close to Blue Springs was just going to drop by and pick it up which was agreeable.

I called a couple of times on the day and time I was supposed to pick it up, no answer, no reply, still waiting.Β 

Posted : 09/12/2021 10:57
(@Anonymous)

FWIW, I ordered a couple sets of transmission shims from CycleWorks on 9/28/2021 and received them a week later. Placed the order on the website and used a credit card to pay. I didn't get any tracking info, which didn't surprise me, but I really didn't need any, either.

Posted : 10/13/2021 12:44
Phil DeBerry
(@phil-deberry)

I placed an order on his website on December 12. Β No reply and haven’t received the tools either. My payment went through. Β I called and left a message, no response. Bike sits, mostly disassembled, waiting for the steering bearing tools.Β 

Posted : 12/22/2021 12:59
Phil DeBerry
(@phil-deberry)

Package just arrived, glad to see it..in spite of zero response to email and phone message.Β 

Posted : 12/22/2021 16:32
Frank Jarrell
(@frankj)
Eminent Member

Disclaimer: I have never ordered anything from Cycle Works nor do I speak for them. From posts on the Airhead email list (no relation to the club). This is a side business. The guy that owns it is reportedly a good guy and honest, but busy and doesn't communicate well with his customers. If he has stock it ships pretty quickly otherwise it can take a while. This neither an excuse or an apology, just an observation of what others have posted.

Posted : 01/11/2022 10:28
J.T. Sutton
(@j-t-sutton)
Eminent Member

I have ordered some tools from Cycle Works with the same exact scenario. No response to any forms of communication. I did however always receive the tool and it worked just fine.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Northwoods Airheads? The tools he offers (at least in the small photos) appear identical to those offered by Cycle Works. I'm in need of a set of upper and lower steering race removal tools and am considering ordering from NA. His listed price is decently cheaper than CW.Β 

Thanks

Posted : 01/19/2022 08:32
Lawrence Erkie
(@632)
Trusted Member

This thread constitutes a good argument for the Airhead tool loan program.

Posted : 02/07/2022 09:44

Advertisement

Scroll to top